A certificate program offered by Prof. Dr. Markus Schmid, Professor of Finance at the University of St. Gallen and Managing Director of the Swiss Institute of Banking and Finance, in cooperation with ESG industry experts from
- LGT Capital Partners
- Zürcher Kantonalbank
The course consists of five weekly events, all to be held in November 2023, on Wednesdays from 4 pm to 8 pm, with two (once three) lectures per event and a weekly networking reception that allows participants to get into contact with speakers and fellow course participants. Online participation is possible as well. In-person participants unable to attend individual events can flexibly opt to participate online.
The course consists of five weekly events with two (once three) lectures per event and a weekly networking reception that allows participants to get into contact with speakers and fellow course participants. Online participation is possible as well. In-person participants unable to attend individual events can flexibly opt to participate online.
The target audience includes finance professionals in asset management, banking, financial advisory, pension funds, risk management, insurance, and finance IT, among others – and of course everybody interested in ESG and sustainable finance.
- In-person course participation: Wednesday, 16.00 – 20.00, with the following time schedule:
16.00 – 17.30 Lecture 1
17.30 – 18.15 Reception / Networking
18.15 – 19.45 Lecture 2
20.00 End of the event
- Alternatively, participants may decide to register for (live) online participation, which allows to ask questions (plus access to all the course materials and video recordings until a month after course end).
ESG and Sustainable Finance are now in the focus of public and political attention. The United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement have provided a roadmap for sustainability for governments and regulators, but also for financial institutions. By directing financial flows into sustainable activities and integrating ESG criteria into the investment process, the financial sector has great potential to change markets and to shape sustainable economic systems. Hence, the interest in sustainable investing has grown to such an extent that the investment community has shifted from asking whether to adopt ESG principles to how to implement them. This course is intended to serve as an in-depth introduction to ESG and sustainable finance that combines both rigorous academic evidence and hands-on industry experience on
- how to implement ESG standards into the investment process,
- how to measure ESG and deal with data issues,
- how to address regulatory challenges and certification issues,
- how to manage ESG and climate risk,
- how to pick up customer needs and communicate ESG targets and achievement to clients,
- how to assess the financial performance of sustainable investments, and
- how to assess the real-world impact of sustainable investments.
Why University of St.Gallen
At the University of St. Gallen (HSG), you can choose from one of the largest executive education portfolios in the German speaking region – the right programme for your needs and career objectives. The renowned quality and practical relevance of the learning experience convinces more than 6000 participants per year. Profit from an Executive Degree from St.Gallen – the best business school in the German-speaking world – and get ahead in your career!